Parkside United Church of Christ was founded in 1900 by a small group of Hungarian and Slovak speaking immigrants. Originally named the Hungarian Reformed Church in Phoenixville, the church grew in numbers and faith, and the language barriers melted.
Following the 1956 Hungarian Revolt, the church actively supported the many refugees brought to Phoenixville and helped them find jobs, learn a new language and become oriented to a new way of life. To reach out to the wider Phoenixville community worship began to be conducted solely in English, and in 1980 the name was changed to Parkside United Church of Christ.
The congregation continues to be recognized as the church with great ethnic food and caring hospitality. At the same time Parkside UCC seeks to nourish the spiritual lives of people of all ages through worship, Christian education, and fellowship events in intimate and inter-generational settings.